Getting and keeping greenhouse gasses out of our shared atmosphere is the name of the game. Brinkman Climate designs and manages the development of carbon offset and other pay-for-erformance emissions reductions projects. By building these projects to the requirements of the BC Emission Offsets Regulation or other compliance standards, we ensure the financing of innovative projects that help stop climate change.
Brinkman Climate develops offset projects of all types. Our team has a broad range of sectoral experience including forestry, waste, transportation, agriculture, wetlands, renewable energy and energy efficiency. In general terms, the offset development process encompasses:
- Identifying offset generating opportunities
- Conducting an initial feasibility assessment
- Relationship building to support best possible project outcomes
- Full feasibility assessment
- Submitting a Project Idea Document to prospective clients, financiers and partners
- Establishing and negotiating purchase contracts
- Modelling the full extent of carbon emissions and accruals associated with the project activities
- Developing and writing the Project Design Document
- Validation of the project design and carbon assertions
- Project implementation
- Verification of carbon claims
- Offset documentation and registration
- Sale of offsets
This process can take several months or years, depending on the project maturity at the time we become engaged. Often one of the most rewarding aspects of the process is putting carbon offsets to work as a source of revenue that bridges multiple co-benefits, and helps to overcome critical financial barriers.